SKILLS FOR WORKPLACE SUCCESS
Stepping Stones for Student Job and Career Success
The Greater Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce’s award-winning initiative Skills for Workplace Success continues to bring classrooms and businesses together for student job and career success in fields including health, medicine, the sciences, hotels and restaurants, engineering, technology, photography, emerging media, fashion design and merchandise, brewery, construction, finance and business management.
Business mentors visit classes and share the real world of business demonstrating and explaining:
- Challenges and opportunities in business operations, highlight preferable knowledge, skills and abilities
- Interactions that include resume building, completing job applications, and improving interview skills
- Tours of business operations with hands-on learning from department managers
- Increase students’ employability and job success
- Explore job opportunities in the greater Flagstaff area
- 30 classroom partnerships in middle schools, high schools and CAVIAT
- Establishing classroom partnerships that pave the way to internship
Proudly Sponsored By
Helios Education Foundation is the title sponsor of this vital initiative. For more information, contact the Greater Flagstaff Chamber at (928) 774-4505.