Representing the interests of Business before Government
The Chamber led in the creation and discussion of the Arizona Chamber Executives legislative agenda. This annual legislative agenda represents shared business interests supported by chambers of commerce throughout the state of Arizona and then voted on by our Board of Directors for approval.
- Advocate for new and increased financial resources for K-12 education programs to ensure Arizona has the qualified workforce it needs in the 21st Century.
- Support a modernization of the state’s K-12 funding system, with an emphasis on encouraging the replication of grade-A educational models, especially those in low-income areas.
- Ensure that Arizona maintains the current high academic standards that prepare our students for college and career.
- Support funding that ensures Arizona students have robust career and technical education (CTE) options.
Transportation and Infrastructure
- Oppose sweeps from the Highway User Revenue Fund and other dedicated transportation funds into the general fund.
- Support, and call for, a broad and comprehensive evaluation of both short term and long term transportation funding challenges and solutions.
- Advocate for legislation, regulation that recognize the electric power grid and other natural resources infrastructure delivery systems as assets requiring consistent maintenance, improvement and support through investments by all of those who use them.
- Support tax, fee and fiscal policies that will attract new investments and bring jobs to Arizona.
- Support a reduction in business property taxes to help spur investment.
- Protect and support the full implementation of recent tax reforms, including TPT (sales tax) simplification and the elimination of TPT on manufacturers’ electricity and natural gas consumption.
- Work with interested parties to come up with meaningful reform to the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System.
- Continue to support the state regulatory moratorium.
- Promote a regulatory environment that provides timeliness and certainty for businesses without unduly burdensome regulations on business owners.
- Protect the business community’s ability to engage in political speech.
- Solidify the Secretary of State’s position as the state’s chief elections officer.
Quality of Life
- Support and participate in efforts to brand Arizona as a favorable environment for tourism, business location, expansion, and job creation.
- Strengthen Arizona’s economy by encouraging increased public-private partnerships
- Preserve the current funding level for tourism promotion via the Arizona Office of Tourism
- Support ADOT and MVD in designing a state travel document that will allow Arizonans to board commercial flights.
- Advocate for the reinstatement of the Arizona Film Office.
Federal Issues regulatory
- Oppose regulatory efforts by the federal government that disparately and disproportionately impact Arizona, while supporting efforts to streamline regulations and ensure that Arizona’s distinctive characteristics are reflected.
- Preserve a business owner’s ability to manage its’ workplace and workforce without expanded federal intrusion.
- Support legislation that would require the federal government to enter into an agreement with the state or any municipality that offers non-federal funds to reopen and temporarily operate public lands including national parks, national monuments and national recreation areas during a government shutdown.
- Continued support for the FLAME ACT and the Four Forest Restoration Initiative (4FRI
- Support allocating a percentage of funds currently marked for suppression of forest fires to prevention of forest fires.